From:
Deb Beausoleil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:00:03 EDT

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a diet to lose weight that coincides
with the gluten-free diet.  I had considered Slim Fast but the taste was so
horrid to me that I just couldn't do it (doesn't help the diet to eat a slab
of chocolate cake to wash down the after taste of Slim Fast - LOL).  I had
thought of the Atkins (or is it Adkins) diet but that seemed like I would be
limiting my limited diet more than I wanted.

I have to eat something with protein or complex carbs every few hours since I
developed low blood sugar about 6 monthes after going on the gf diet.
Unfortunately, I tend to do a lot of snacking because I recently quit
smoking.  As a result, I've gained weight AND my cholesterol has gone up.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a weight loss diet for someone on a gf
diet and with high cholesterol?  I had always thought that fruits were a good
thing to eat between meals but they have sugars, too.  To top it all off, I
am not a gourmet cook - rather, I only have time to fix simple meals (cutting
out fast food is a priority, too)

Thanks much,

Deb