From:
Debbie Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Debbie Gates <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 09:55:58 -0700

Thanks to everyone for the info on Dari Free. The following responses pretty much summed up the info needed to obtain the product, for any of you that may not have already known about it. Also, some further info that some may be interested to know. Thanks everyone!!

DariFree is free of soy, rice, oils, casein and
gluten.  One 21 oz. package makes 6 liquid
quarts.

Vance's also makes SoyHealthy lowfat milk
alternative and NotMilk Lowfat milk alternative
from Whey.

Vance's Foods, Inc.
Soldotna, Alaska 99669
1-800-497-4834
www.vancesfoods.com

I think this is what you want:

http://www.vancesfoods.com/main.asp?p=darifree

This is what they list as the ingredients on the
website:

Maltodextrin (from potatoes), Potato Starch,
Dehydrated Honey, Natural
Flavors (no MSG), Crystalline Fructose, Calcium
Carbonate, colored with
Titanium Dioxide (an inert mineral), Carrageenan,
Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt,
Tricalcium Phosphate, Potassium Citrate, Lactic
Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin
C), Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Vitamin
A Palmitate, Niacinamide
(Vitamin B3), Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin D3,
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
(Vitamin B6), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Vitamin
K1, Thiamin mononitrate
(Vitamin B1), Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12),
Biotin.

I just bought some, but I haven't tried it yet,
someone else raved about it
though.  There is a similar product, also
potato-based, called Whyte's
Darifree, from Canada, it is available some
places in the U.S., and I think
they will mail order, and supposedly Trader Joe's
is going to start carrying
it.

Both of them come in powders that you must
reconstitute, but I believe
Whyte's also comes in liquid, and as ice cream,
etc.

http://www.darifree.com/edit11.htm

So far as I understand, both are soy-free and
dairy-free, as well as GF.
And just in case you're interested, I found a
margarine that is, too -
Fleischmann's original lite - ONLY the TUBS, NOT
the STICKS, it comes in a
gold wrapper box of 2 yellow tubs, with blue
lids.  All the others have
something in it that I can't have.  This is corn
oil based, and tastes
pretty good!  Only complaint, I don't think it
will work too well for baking
or frying, I think the water content is too high,
but it is low fat and no
trans fats, either, so I think it's relatively
healthy.