From:
Peggy White <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:23:48 -0400

Hi,

THANK YOU to all of you who have been sooooo helpful, once again, in my quest for health and well-being.

To answer some questions,
I don't know how to be any more gf than I am, BUT I am the only celiac in the house with three small children and a husband.  I am ultra-careful about my food and any products that come in contact with my body!!
I eat mainly fruit, veggies, nuts, seeds, and gf products that I'm sure of. . . I drink AT LEAST 10 large(10-12 oz)glasses of water a day.  I do love chocolate and sugar.
I jog, lift weights, swim, hike, or do yoga 5-6 days a week.
I am waiting to receive lab tests  from my doc.  Next week I'm going to my naturopath for further testing/analysis and to look over my food diary.

At least 5 of you mentioned electrolyte imbalance - drink sports water, eat bananas, try lite-salt, use salt.  This definitely applies to me- I probably don't get enough, especially since going gf and eating plain, real food.  I hardly use or eat salty foods.

Ten said to get screened for diabetes.  I will do this next week.

Several of you mentioned anemia - vitamin B-12.  Try B-12 shots. Yes, I've had these problems, but thought a gf diet would take care of them.  I'm taking a multi, a B complex, and calcium (all gf).Someone said that I just may not be absorbing iron yet.  Will have this checked also.

Two suggested having my thryroid checked - will do!

Could be reacting to other foods - keep a food diary - stop all sugar(cravings will stop after a week or so) and dairy - Elisa testing for food allergies - I've already had problems with peanuts;  soy seems to make me bloated, or perhaps adjusting from dairy to soy will just take time.

Several of you wonder if I'm totally gf.  I'm pretty convinced.

At least five of you share similar symptoms - hope the summary helps, and I will keep you posted about any new info from my (miracle worker) naturopath.

Thanks to a wonderful group, Peggy in nh