From:
Heather Cline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:54:48 EST

I previously posted requesting contact information for Don Pablo.  A member
of our local support group provided it and I have contacted Don Pablo's to
determine gluten free entrees.  It is my understanding that all Don Pablo's
restaurants are the same and that the ingredients and recipes do not vary
from one Don Pablo's restaurant to another.

Note that the following list is from their "old" menu.  The new menu went
into effect around March 1, 2003.  An updated GF list will be posted on their
website when it is completed.  It is in the process of being compiled and is
expected to be posted at www.donpablos.com around the end of April, 2003.
For what it is worth, according to my local waiter, the Mamma's Skinny
Enchiladas have not changed from the old menu to the new menu.

I was provided from Don Pablo's corporate headquarters with the following:

<<Below is a list of ingredients that contain gluten and may not be included
in a gluten-free diet:

¨ All flour tortillas
¨ Torta Rolls (comes with Anaheim Chicken Sandwich and Pablo's Steak Burger)
¨ White Chicken Chili
¨ Beef  and Chicken Fajita Marinade
¨ Jalapeno Poppers
¨ Rellanos
¨ Croutons
¨ Sopapillas
¨ Apple Pie
¨ Chocolate Cake
¨ Corn Dogs
¨ Chicken Tenders
¨ Margarine (contains artificial flavor which indicates that gluten may be
present)
¨ Mantequilla or Chipotle Butter
¨ Ranchero Sauce
¨ Chicken Real (used in tacos, enchiladas and flautas)
¨ Beef Taquitos

The following ingredients contain modified food starch and may have traces of
gluten:

¨ Grill Seasoning
¨ Tomatillo Salsa (served with Combo Appetizer)
¨ Asado Sauce (used in the Rib Quesadilla and the Mini BBQ Rib Burrito that
comes with The Conquistador)
¨ Fire Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce (used on The Real Enchilada)

The following list of gluten-free menu item suggestions was compiled using
the lists above:

¨ Shrimp Fajitas without grill seasoning or flour tortillas
¨ Vegetable Fajitas without flour tortillas
¨ Side Salad wit allowed salad dressing*
¨ Tortilla Salad with allowed salad dressing*
¨ Mamma's Skinny Enchiladas

*Allowed salad dressings include Creamy Cilantro, Cilantro Lemon Vinaigrette
and Italian.>>

Heather M. Cline
Oklahoma City, OK