From:
Diana Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diana Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 01:46:22 -0500

I emailed Choice Organic teas (very nice teas by the way) about their
tea bags to make sure they were GF and their answer is below. I think
it's enough for me... I didn't write them about whether their actual teas
are GF, but none of the teas I've had thus far have any natural flavors
(or anything at all suspicious looking), so I think they're okay:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our teabags are, indeed, gluten free but we
do not certify it. People do ask occasionally if the teabags are gluten
free but no one else has asked for certification. As certification for
anything is expensive and it has not been an issue, it is not likely to
happen in the near future. I know it is very important for some people
to strictly advoid ALL gluten- so I am taking your question seriously
and I repeat, there is no gluten in the teabags. (I know that does not
equal certification, but it is the best I can offer.)

Kind regards,
Tambrey Griffith
Granum, Inc.