From:
Carol Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:16:22 EST

My brother sent us a toastmaster waffle iron for Christmas.  We had never
been able to make waffles that were good so I was a little skeptical.
My daughter was trying to make pancakes and made a mistake.  She used 2
tablespoons of baking powder rather than 2 teaspoons.  The mistake made the
most fluffy and delicious GF pancakes.  I tried this recipe in the new waffle
iron and the results were terrific.  Additionally, we froze the additional
waffles and pulled them out this morning and toasted them.  They were even
better and crispier a week later.  We have decided to make a few batches and
freeze them for quick breakfasts.
Here is the recipe, thanks to my daughter and a great mistake.

Margit's Pancakes and Waffle mix

1 1/2 cups flour (I use Hagman mix: 6-2-1 e.g. 6 parts rice/brown rice; 2
parts potato; 1 part tapioca)
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon Xanthan or guar gum (I used guar)
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
1 1/3 milk or substitute  (I used Westbrae rice milk)

First mix dry ingredients in mixer.  Then mix in milk, eggs and shortening.

I always enjoy adding another food to my limited diet and I am especially
happy when I can find something that can be frozen for a quick meal. I hope
you find the same results and truly enjoy.  Blessings, Carol