From:
Set Digest <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:18:26 GMT

Hi,

My son who had the horrible shins still has horrible shins GF and on Dapsone.  The rest of his rash he had head to toe cleared for awhile but has now errupted again.

I started reading about iodine in the archives and found that an unbelievable amount of things are off limits on that list:

sea salt (which is in most commerical GF foods)
seafoods (tuna included)
milk products
eggs/egg yolks specifically
red dye #3
beans
grits
rice!
carageenan
soy

Is this accurate!?  He eats massive dairy, dozens of whole eggs, tuna, rice etc.  Even grits.

Have I been poisoning him with iodine?  Did any of you people with DH
have to eliminate all these sources and take Dapsone to get healed?  I've always thought GF was hard enough but dairy, eggs etc???

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Shellie, Jesse's mom

Only $9.95 per month!