From:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
L and N Matsui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 02:08:04 +0000

I discussed the GF status of San-J wheat free soy sauce with Gregory S.
Birdsell, Production and Quality Coordinator, and he responded with this
e-mail to me that I'm quoting as I only kept a hard copy.  He stated that a
3rd party, Certified Laboratories, Inc., tested their organic WF tamari and
organic WF reduced sodium tamari and the analysis showed that "both products
are below the limit of detection which is 0.016%.  As I said, the test does
not go down to zero, therefore we cannot conclusively say that our products
are gluten free."
If you have any further questions, San-J can be reached at 800-446-5500.
Laura