Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:03:00 -0500

Here is my summary about german chocolate cake  .  Several people sent
great recipes for the cake and would  be happy to e-mail them to anyone
interested  let me know . I also recieved several request for my recipe
for coconut pecan frosting and I will post that under  the heading
"coconut pecan frosting " so far at least 10 people suggested the gluten
free pantrys "Danielle's chcocolate cake" I will try and order it from
them but I am not sure it will arrive by christmas with the mail volume
right now things are taking for ever ! I think I will give one of the
recipes I got a whirl . hummm.. I better make a test cake and make sure
it comes out , Its a rainy day and cake is nice on rainy days  : )
thanks again
laura
  here are the  suggestions in no particular order
1. Gluten free pantrys "Danielle's chcocolate cake"

2..Cause Your Special Chocolate cake mix..Oh my gosh, it is the MOISTEST
cake mix ever.......even better then my "full of gluten recipe"..their
web address is   causeyourspecial.com

3.  2 people said:  they have made a German Chocolate cake several times
using the original recipe  on the bar of German chocolate.  I have just
substituted GF flour for regular  flour and added 1/2 teaspoon of
xanthan for each cup of flour called for.

It definitely has not turned out dry, but very light, airy, and maybe a
little crumbly.  You might also add a teaspoon of Knox gelatin, that
might  help solve the crumbly problem.  But the family all enjoyed it
very much.

4.I use the chocolate cake mix from Miss Robens and add buttermilk for
my liquid.  I double the recipe for the frosting...I did when I wasn't
GF!!! The added moisture from the frosting really helps the cake stay
together. It isn't the old fashioned way but, I really like it.  As with
most GF bread type products it does become a little too crumbly after a
couple of days. We usually don't have to worry about that because it
doesn't last too long!

5.I'd suggest you go on line (or to a favorite cookbook) and find a
recipe for a flourless cake. A friend made one for a recent dinner party
and it was lovely!

6.We have the best German Chocolate Cake we have ever tasted including
gluten
varieties!  We invite you to visit www.glutenfreeda.com,

7.I make a great moist chocolate cake.  The recipe is in a book called
Special Diet Celebrations by Carol Fenster.  If you do not have this
recipe book, let me know and I will type out the recipe for you.

8.I really like Kinnikinnick's chocolate cake mix.  Very moist.  I think
it will be a problem getting it from them before Christmas though,
depending on where you live.  Maybe for the future?

9.I recently bought Pamela's brownie mix and followed the  recipe for
chocolate cake instead.  I used a bundt cake pan  and it is delicious.
It hasn't dried out yet after 5 days -

10.Yes, there is a great chocolate cake recipe on the archives.  Look
under
Black Magic Cake.  If you can't find it, email me and I will send it to
you.

11.My mom used a chocolate cake mix from the Really Good Food Co. and
homemade
frosting and it turned out great.