From:
"K. Feldmann" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
K. Feldmann
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:04:26 -0500

WOW!! I thought I was reaching with it, and to find out, I think it is connected after getting all the responses.
First some asked what I meant - let me explain, I have 4 kids, one with celiac and one that has ( what the doctors believe ) to be connective tissue disorder. It is my daughter, she has skin that is not like a child's skin, more like an older persons, it is softer. She bruises very easily and when she falls, a bump and a bruise form almost immediately. She has fallen twice and literally burst open where she fell, once requiring 11 double stitches, the second time she fell, her leg burst wide open and required surgery because of the size of the wound and her size. They figured it would be best to put her to sleep to fix it, and that one was 22 stitches and she is still healing from it. She is also very double jointed. I have 2 kids that show no sign of either one of these.
I do not know what type of connective tissue disorder it is, this is all very new to me - we are going to the University of Iowa for her on Thurs. hopefully then I will learn more.
I thank you for all your best wishes, I have to admit, I am full of alot of emotions, I am mad, sad, I have alot of questions and I need to learn about this. I was going to read into it, but until I know more of where she is with this - I have decided to wait. Celiac took a toll on me emotionally when my son was diagnosed 5 years ago, it was a blessing to know what was wrong with him, but yet, I felt alot of pressure and stress. I am not sure I am ready to face something more, mentally, I look at her and wonder why she had to have this problem, I am somewhat angry about the celiac and now I have to accept this also. Don't get me wrong, I do accept the celiac and I keep my son on a diet, I guess it is sort of a "why me" thing.
Sorry, I guess I just needed to "speak" to someone.
After her doctor visit, I will maybe know more and be able to tell you more, but it won't be till sometime next week.
Thank you for your help.
Kathy in Iowa