From:
Victor Mathieu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Mathieu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:31:45 -0400

I received some very interesting replies. Thank you to those who
participated. I will try my best to capture the information received in
summary format. Three of the replies however, contain some very interesting
information  that I will send in their entirety.

Five reported having migraines and insomnia which cleared up completly or
got much better after going G/F
Some were amazed at how much better they got after suffering for many years
Two reported having insomnia problems after accidentally ingesting gluten.

Eight reported having migraines only which cleared up after going G/F. A few
others had very migraines after going G/F and these were much less severe.

One reported having migraines due to MSG. Another reported having migraines
for other reasons. One reported that sleep disruptions improved dramitically
are goig G/F. One reported insomnia not related to gluten intake.

One suggested going to http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages
There are knowledgeable people to answer questions.

One said that I would not get a meaningful answer by posting to an e-mail
list ???

Another reply read: I have had both for years. I was diagnosed last year.
When I started taking CalMax (a calcium powder) my migraines completely
stopped. The booklets that comes with it states that migraines are from a
calcium/magnesium deficiency - and so is insomnia. Migraines are gone but I
am still a complete insomniac, even after being gluten-free for a year.
I take Xanax now and then to sleep, and when I don't sleep, I don't sleep.

One other reply Read: In TIME February 26, 2001 title - Against the Grain.
Some folks  can't stomach the gluten found in cereals. It may be hurting
thier heads as well. In the journal Neurology, Dr. Marios Hadjivassiliou and
his colleges at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield England, found
that a wheat free diet dramatically reduced the number of debilitating
headaches suffered by some of their gluten-sensitive patients. MRI brain
scans suggest the gluten somehow triggered an inflammatory response in the
white matter of the cerebrum.

Three other texts to follow.

Thanks again, Victor