From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:57:10 -0500

I tried the local Outback restaurant (east Setauket/Long Island/NY) this
weekend. I came prepared with a copy of the gfmenu and asked to see the
manager. While he had heard of the gf menu no one had ordered from it yet.

He was very accommodating and made it clear that he would oversee my meal so
that it was done properly. While I was waiting for a table we went over my
choices and he said to have the server speak to him after taking my order.
Everything went very well, the food was delicious and I did have the
Chocolate Thunder Down Under!

His suggestions for future visits-
    Always bring the gf menu (I plan to print some in color, laminate them
and give them to him myself)
    Always ask for the manager upon arriving.

I definately will be returning.
My thanks to Cynthia Kupper and GIG for the amazing success getting a
national restraurant chain to do this. I hope that it is the first of many.
It makes a great difference in quality of life to be able to eat out.

-Michael Thorn
Suffolk Cnty/Long Island/NY