From:
Dorothy C Warnock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dorothy C Warnock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 15:42:49 -0500

It has been awhile since I've written to the list but so very much has
been happening to me over the past year.  Diagnosed in 1995 after at the
least 20 yrs. as a Celiac and asking for help. I am a classic
celiac--having had hyperthyroid-radiation treatments -2 too many
resulting in toxic goiter operation thus becoming hypothyroid as whole
thyroid was removed.  Also have had Pernicious anemia all my
life--endometriosis=cancer.+ radiattion which is still causing radiation
proctitis. etc, etc. Bones & disks in back are disintegrating thus much
pain.   That I live with but as I said l started the year off with UTI
infections so frequently I couldnot tell where the back pain started and
bladder pain begain.  My teeth suddenly became infected at the gum line
and I had to have 3/4 of them removed.  All of the sudden my eyes began
to bother me and I found I now have MD, Glucoma and catarrachs (But
thankfully I can still read). Four months ago I developed a severe case
of Thrush (never heard of it before, ugh)  I now have what feels like a
lump in my throat and have difficulty swallowing as my mouth is so dry.
I'm using Oral gel to facilitate saliva but wake up very early with a dry
cough which almost gags me (Remedy=hot tea and biscotti which I make
myself.)
Three months ago I got what I thought was an itchy bug bite which was red
and looked like it was filled with gel. The redness started up above the
bite which as on my ankle and the skin over it became hard like a
Psoriesis (?)  and it hurts terribly to touch.  The redness spread ,
hurt, and felt hard.  I went to the Derm.Dr. who gave 2 doses of
antibiotics/  No relief! She then said I had venus status status----?
----.forgot the name,she  told me to wear support hose..  Hurting worse
and my MD. had X-ray taken  said it was probably a tear in a tendon which
caused a small bone in the heel which is full of holes to move. He then
sent me to an Orthopedic Dr. who said that was a spur om the bottom part
of foot but that is not where all the trouble is. He in turn is sending
me to a Vascular Dr..  I'm so frustrated as I have had this problem for 3
months and it does not get any better. The skin is hard and slightly less
red than it was but I get shooting pains inside the leg.It is very tender
still to the touch especially at night when I turn over.
If anyone on the list can help with anything--just even one thing, I will
be very gratefull.  I feel like I'm falling apart altho except for the
pain in the spine which makes walking very difficult, I manage fairly
well.
Thanks for listening from the bottom of my heart,    Dorothy

I realize this letter is a gumble of words and most likely doesn't make
much sense, please forgive me.