From:
Cliff Blaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 23:03:35 EDT

Congratulations and thanks to everyone who helped make the Metro New York
Celiac Walk a great success Sunday.  Rockland Lake State Park was beautiful,
and the perfect weather made walking a pleasure.  Westchester Celiac Sprue
Support Group members turned out in force to support this terrific event.  We
had more than 200 walkers, and received donations in excess of $32,000.

Special thanks go out to our committee members who did a fabulous job of
organizing the event, soliciting donations and encouraging vendor support:
Donna Jean Plante, Donna Griffin, Lisa Murphy and Peter Niles.  Thanks also
to Sue Goldstein.

We would also like to recognize and thank the many vendors who so graciously
provided gluten-free foods for the occasion.  When the younger kids saw
tables piled high with goodies, and were told that they could take anything
they wanted, and that the food was all gluten-free, their faces lit up.  Beth
Hillson's Gluten-Free Pantry led the charge, with a whole van full of gf
supplies.  Right behind were Foods by George, Omega Smart Bars, Claire's
Cookies, Glutino, Glutano, Ener-G, Coca-Cola, Miss Robens, Pamela's, Annie's
Naturals, Cause You're Special, Tinkyada, Dave & Buster's, Trader Joe's,
Road's End Organics, Sylvan Border Farms, El Peto, Vans International, Mrs.
Leepers, Bob's Red Mill, Sam's Club and Mr. Spice.

We're proud to have been a part of the First International Celiac Walk, to
have helped in raising awareness and raising funds for research.  This Walk
was an important first step in uniting the Celiac community in working toward
a common goal that will benefit all Celiacs.  We hope that next year, and
every year forward that this event grows in every possible way.

Arlene & Cliff Blaker