From:
The Cossalters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Cossalters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:20:56 +1000

This is a little bit different than the usual posting but I thought it was
pretty neat and I'd share it with you guys.

I come from a rural area on the outskirts of one of the capital cities in
Australia.  I am also an anouncer on our local community radio.  The news
producer there is a good friend of mine and is very aware of my coeliac.
The other day a fax came across his news desk from a member of one of the
local churches promoting their gluten free communion services.   In this
congregation of approx 50 there are apparently 5 members with gluten
intolerance (including the pastor's wife) so they were introducing and
would continue to offer gluten free bread for the communion service (along
with the wheat bread).

The item was included in the local hourly news bulletin (along with a very
brief description of CD and it's possible consequences) and I have no doubt
that many people listening had never heard of CD (as I hadn't either until
my diagnosis 15 months ago).   Every little bit of education helps, even
from the most unexpected sources!

Take care
Jean