From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:15:17 -0600

I received the following reply from Krogers in answer to my inquiry as to
whether they use flour in their packaging of frozen vegetables.  Those of
you who are corn intolerant will need to beware!

"You are so informed.  When the vegetables are run the polyfilm that is used
comes in on a roll which is then put on a tube. As the bags are filled with
the vegatables cornstarch, not flour, is added to keep the bags from
friction and tearing."

My inquiry:

It has come to the attention of the celiac community that some
companies use flour in the packaging of their plain frozen vegetables.
Can  you tell me if Krogers follows such a practice? I am hoping that
they do not and that the vegetables are indeed gluten free. Thank you
for your  help.

Barbara Hicks
811 Bratton Avenue
Marseilles, IL 61341