From:
harrell reaves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:30:32 -0500

To summarize for those interested in my responses to whether Juice Plus
was ok to take:

  (Juice Plus is a food supplement and it stated that it is GF although
barley and oats are listed as an ingredient-I was told they use the bran
part - not part containing gluten - I don't know enough about the
structure of grains to decide for myself)

---I had several people tell me not to touch the stuff.

---I also had several people (who are celiacs) say they take it with no
side effects and one stated she had had her villi tested for damage and
she was fine.

---I also have the statement below from the folks at Juice Plus:

All Juice Plus products are gluten free. The oats and barley ingredients
in Juice Plus consist of the outer part  of the grain that does not
contain gluten. Gluten is found in the inner part of the grains and is
not used. I can send you a letter stating that Juice Plus products are
gluten free. Just send me your postal address or fax number.

JM  (Juice Plus)

I guess if you're interested in taking it you will just have to decide
for yourself.  I'm going to do more thorough research before I take it.
Thanks to all the responses!

Connie