From:
A Gilliland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:59:17 -0800

Hi All--

Does anyone have a recipe for a spread similar to
mayonnaise that I could use as a substitute? Something
in Hellman's mayo doesn't agree with me and I eat a
lot of tuna salad and chicken salad (easy to take to
work). I have a recipe from Carol Fenster for homemade
mayo, but I don't have most of the ingredients (white
pepper, cheyenne pepper, lemon rind) and don't want to
spend the money on them for one recipe (I really don't
care for any kind of pepper anyway).

I know there's Nayonnaise and Vegennaise (sp?) -
(can't find the Vegennaise anymore), but don't know
how they taste...any comments from those who use
either or both?

Any suggestions for a gf mayo substitute I could try
would be *greatly* appreciated! I'll summarize if
there's interest.

Thanks.

Ayn/Kansas