From:
Michael Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 21:39:41 -0800

Ok, a lot of people responded. Thanks to all of you! What an excellent,
sharing group.

Almost half thought that it was probably gluten related. Of these, several
mentioned vitamins as a hidden source, and I think that is probably a real
problem for me. I just wasn't really attuned to that. Almost half thought it
was likely not gluten related, but an allergy. One person said that she had
had something very similar from ingesting or using red dye#40 . Several
people mentioned other things- dry skin, and fungus being the most
prominent.

I think I will root out all the hidden gluten that I can. If it persists,
I'll check allergy sources. I do not think it is DH; it just feels and looks
different. No blisters! And DH is the killer itch!

Thanks to everyone,
Mike