From:
earl goetze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 08:14:39 -0700

GF Restaurant Card ( RC ) in Arabic for Egypt travel
summary of replies. Thanks all.

 My concept of a Restaurant Card is a paper that
may be READ in the local language
by the waiter or food preparer, thus avoiding
something 'getting lost in the translation or
pronunciation'.

1.  Several suggest Jax Peters. Her book does have 16 different
languages but NOT Arabic in my 1996 copy of "Against
the Grain".

2.    Site in German that has an Arabic - short
version and 13 European and 7 non-European languages at
http://www.zoeliakie-info.de/Sprachinfo/Arabisch/arabisch.html

3.    Site in German has Arabic and  25 languages

 http://www.sci.fi/~keliakia/tiedote/kielet.htm#arabia

4.     Many GF RC in languages but NOT  including
Arabic in [a] a German language site:
http://hometown.aol.com/zoeliak/index.htm

4.1  Cards for purchase in seven languages, not including Arabic from
http://www.dietarycard.com/pic.html

4.2  French and Chinese done by individuals from

    http://www.enabling.org/ia/celiac/basic.html#cards

5.     General how to SPEAK Arabic lanaguage services
( to TALK as contrasted to letting  waiters and
servers READ ) include:

[a]http://www.languages-on-the-web.com/links/link-arabic.htm

  this site has multiple arabic sites to choose from
also there are many translation services offered on
other sites\\\

[b] http://i-cias.com/babel/arabic/index.htm  -
Arabic language learning lessons in the restaurant with
sound or voice assistance.