From:
Craig Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:32:17 -0800

Thank you Christine, Elysse, Brian, Donald, and anyone
else that I'm forgetting.  Here's the responses just
as they arrived in my mailbox.  I'm also adding Dr.
Gray's info, because people had asked about him, too.

Dr. Gary Gray
Professor of Medicine Emeritus
Gastroenterology
Stanford University School of Medicine

w (650) 725-3366
f (650) 723-5488
appointments (650) 725-6467

Steven Friedman is an outstanding gastroenterologist.
He suspected celiac at my initial appt. when other
doctors had over-looked the symptoms for ten
years. He will give you  all the time you want and is
very kind. He's also VERY smart. He has an office in
San Ramon and one in Walnut Creek.
Good-luck.

Dr. Thomas Hargrave, Oakland
Dr. James Watts, UCSF

My gastro doc is Peter Hooberman. He is in Castro
Valley (on the grounds of the Eden Medical Center,
Lake Chabot Road) not far from Oakland and is on the
Dublin/Pleasanton BART line. His phone number is
510-537-4416

The following are doctors in th Bay area who have
diagnosed Celiacs and have celiacs in their patients.
However, I do not know if they are still practicing.

Ronald, Adler,   3010 Colby Street, Berkeley, CA,
94705-2059

Jeffery, Aron,   2299 Post Street # B1, San Francisco,
CA, 94115-3443

Damian H., Augustyn,   2100 Webster Street # 423, San
Francisco, CA, 94115-2830 415-923-3050

Dorsey, Bass, Dept of Pediatrics Stanford Univ Hosp
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, 94305-5119
415-723-5070

Michael D, Bender,   1750 El Camino Real Ste 11,
Burlingame, CA, 94010-3208 415-692-1373

Ralph B., Bernstein,   2999 Regent St  #425, Berkeley,
CA, 94705-2059 510-548-6555

Ming, Chiu,  Kaiser-Permanente 1150 Veterans Blvd,
Redwood City, CA, 94063-2087 415-780-2000

Manual, Garcia,  Stanford Univ Medical Ctr 300 Pasteur
Drive, Palo Alto, CA, 94305-5302

Thomas R, Gay,   3434 Villa Lane Ste 280, Napa, CA,
94558-6415 707-253-1203

Elizabeth E, Gleghorn, Children's Hosp - Oakland  747
52nd Street, Oakland, CA, 94609-1809 510-428-3058

Jane S, Melnick,   2100 Webster Street Apt 423, San
Francisco, CA, 94115-1432 415-923-3577

James, Reed,   450 Sutter Street #1203, San Francisco,
CA, 94108-4001

R. W., Reimer,  Kaiser-Permanente 2200 O'Farrell
Street, San Francisco, CA, 94115-3357

J. Alfred, Rider, Parnassus Hts Med Bldg  350
Parnassus Ave Ste 900, San Francisco, CA, 94117-3608
415-566-5402

John W, Roark,   3000 Colby Street Ste 307, Berkeley,
CA, 94702-2058 510-848-2100

Robert B, Ruskin,   39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont,
CA, 94538-2310 510-795-3522

L, Shlager,  Kaiser - Permanente 2200 O'Farrell
Street, San Francisco, CA, 94115-3357

Richard A, Sundberg,   3838 California St Ste 416, San
Francisco, CA, 94118-1506 415-387-8800

William H, Targgart,   117 Almendral Avenue, Atherton,
CA, 94027-4003 415-366-1667

Carolyn, Walsh,  Welch Medical Gp , Palo Alto, CA,
94304-

===

Craig Peters