From:
Linda Mccarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:40:12 -0400

Here's the responses I received when I asked for funnel cake recipes.  I
did not get as many responses as I normally get.

FUNNEL CAKES
2 eggs slightly beaten
1 1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt

Heat oil to 375 deg. Use 1/2 c. batter and pour into hot oil using a
funnel, keep funnel about 4" above the skillet. Cook 2 min. on each
side. Dust with sugar.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Make a pancake with a little extra sugar in it. You can also add some
fruit to the pancake.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

...we have fried dough. Are they one in the same? I was thinking that I
could make fried dough with a pizza crust recipe....

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

We use Joy of Cooking French pancake recipe substituting GF flour for
the regular. It works extrememly well. If too thick, you add more milk,
if too thin add more GF flour. My daughter loves it!

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I wonder if you could use one of the gf waffle recipies???

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

There is a wonderful recipe for Funnel cake (we think it's like fried
dough) in the Roben Ryberg's "the Gluten Free Kitchen".  Pg 258-259.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *

I have never tried it but I think that something like the Arrowhead
Mills Pancake & Waffle mix with extra honey would work just fine.  I
have used it with extra eggs & xanthum gum to make very nice crepes.

There was a recipe in the August issue of Rosie magazine (Rosie magazine
is new. It was formerly McCall's. It's done by Rosie O'Donnell, the
person who does the talk show.) for Funnel Cakes. Unfortunately, I
didn't save the issue, but it may still be out or possibly at a library.
Anyway, I'm sure it could be converted to gluten-free.

Thanks to everyone for their responses!

Linda