From:
Jill Tongen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:18:38 -0700

I have corresponded with Origins Tsang Lin Industries about the gf
status of Fruit Poppers.  (jelly with a piece of fruit in the middle).
After much correspondance and explanation they have replied that they
are gf.  However, because they are produced in China and distributed
from California, I am reluctant to try them.  I was told the language
barrier made it difficult to find out the gluten free status.  I had to
explain to them how Citric Acid could have gluten in it.  Anyway -- if
you want to try them -- they say they are gf.

Jill/Texas
Here's their response (in broken English):

To:The Origins Ltd.California Date:2001/7/27 Re: Your homework about
Gluten Gluten make form wheat, jelly is made from seaweed extract, it
grows under the sea or water, do not have any relative with wheat.

1. Jelly do not have any Gluten.

2. Citric Acid is synthetic, do not have any Gluten.

3. The Citric Acid do not have any Dextrose, Sugar cane or Wheat.

4. Natural flavor do not have any Gluten.

Anything if made from wheat may have Gluten,

Hope you will understand!

If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me.