Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:35:33 -0500
From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>

Last week I asked if everyone knew about gluten free eye creams and
lipsticks.  I received the following brands as being gluten free:

Eye Cream:

Almay                    Some Mary Kay
Neutrogena             Cover Girl
Merle Norman          Shisedo
Oil of Olay               Precision ("le serum lift extreme)

Two people let me in on a secret.  Preparation H is what the professional
models and contestants in the Miss America contest use.  Actually, I did try
this and it does help.

Lipstick
Ecco Bella                Cover Girl
Almay                       Christian Dior
Chanel                      Neutrogena
Some Mary Kay

Below is a copy of a post I received:

Neutrogena and Clinique are all GF, except for their lipsticks.Someone else
suggested I call Shaklee at 1-800-946-1070 because they have alot of GF
products.  Also named as GF were Almay, Sensitive Care Cream,Time-off Day
Moisture Lotion and Night Cream.  Cosmetics named were Almay,Time-Off Age
Smoothing Concealer, Age Smoothing Make-up and pressed Powderand Touch-on
Blemish Stick.  Ultima II, Eyesexxxy Eye Color, Revlon,Results-Brighten Up
Eye Cream, Daily Requirement Moisture Creme andDay-Light Replenisher
Moisture Lotion

Some people did recommend Clinique.  I knew there was a problem with
Clinique but because of the recommendations I emailed Clinique.  This is the
response I got.  Read the ingredients carefully.

Dear Ms. Mingolla,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the ingredients in our products
that might be unsuitable for you to use because of your specific condition.

We are attaching a list of grain-derived ingredients, found on our
labels, which will be helpful in providing the necessary information to
assist you.  This information covers products marketed under the
following trademarks: Estee Lauder, Inc.; Clinique Laboratories, Inc.;
Aramis, Inc.; Origins Natural Resources, Inc.; Bobbi Brown essentials;
Tommy Hilfiger Toiletries, and Prescriptives, Inc.

Consumers will find ingredient listings on our primary packaging
material, in accordance with FDA regulations, using names which are
standard throughout the cosmetic and fragrance industry.  Because of the
vast number of raw materials from different sources, it is not possible
to guarantee that our products are completely free of any of the grains
specified.  The denatured ethyl alcohol in our products is produced
synthetically.

Additionally, we appreciate the opportunity to explain that the eye area
is very delicate so you should only use products specifically formulated
for the eye.   We recommend All About Eyes.

It's a cream/gel treatment formulation for the eye area.   It helps
minimize the appearance of fine lines, dark circles, and reduces
puffiness.   It also soothes, calms, and smoothes the skin.  All About
Eyes also helps protect against future moisture loss and environmental damage.

For more information or to purchase this product online, visit our
Clinique Product Directory at: http://www.clinique.com/app/commerce/nph-
proddir.cgi?Mode=menu&category=mois&supercat=skin_care

Also enclosed is the ingredient list for All About Eyes.

We trust that this information is helpful to you and are glad to have been
of assistance.

Sincerely,

Rachel B. Elliott Walsh
Consumer Communications

1,191,961

ALL ABOUT EYES

This formula contains:

ingredients: cyclomethicone polysilicone-11 [] water (aqua purificata)
purified [] isostearyl palmitate [] polyethylene [] butylene glycol []
cyclomethicone [] ethylene/acrylic acid copolymer [] saxifraga
sarmentosa extract [] grape (vitis vinifera) extract [] whey protein
(lactis proteinum) [] mulberry (morus nigra) root extract [] caffeine []
phytosphingosine [] wheat (triticum vulgare) sphingolipids []
scutellaria baicalensis extract [] green olive (olea europaea) extract
[] green tea (camellia sinensis) extract [] cholesterol [] linoleic acid
[] tocopheryl acetate [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] pyridoxine
dipalmitate [] sucrose [] glyceryl laurate [] lactose [] dimethicone
copolyol [] quaternium-18 bentonite [] petrolatum [] cetyl dimethicone
copolyol [] propylene carbonate [] sodium chloride [] disodium edta []
iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) <iln5882>

Gluten List 2001:

SOY-DERIVED INGREDIENTS

GLYCINE SOJA
HYDROGENATED LECITHIN