From:
Shellie Kepley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 10:03:24 -0500

Dear Listmates,

I just ran into one of my pet peeves with a gluten free diet:  gluten
free cooking disasters.  Someone posted a Polish Donut recipe a few weeks
back that I finally tried this morning.  AUGH!  I followed the recipe
precisely and the dough that was meant to be "rolled" out was the
consistency of cake batter.  I have a couple suggestions for listmembers
in light of this disaster:

1.  If the recipes are like that one, don't buy the "Wheat-Free and
Gluten-Free Dessert Book" by Connie Sarros that was being advertised with
the donut recipe.

2.  Please only post tried and true, fool-proof recipes to the list.
Most of us on the list, the cooks anyway, are here to avoid wasted time
and wasted money that flops produce.

Be warned on the Polish Donuts anyway!

Shellie,  Tulsa