From:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
steeplechase19 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:39:21 -0400

Good Day.....this information is for the ladies on the list who might be thinking of medication for improving bone density or who might be interested in changing from HRT to something else after the recent published reports.  A physician who recently gave a talk on this subject stated the drug is not applicable for males with lowered bone density.
I did not find Evista listed in my copy of the Stokes manual.

This is the written response received to confirm telephone information that Evista (Eli Lilly and Co.) is gluten free:

"We can confirm that our products, including those from our Dista Products Company Division, can be considered to be gluten-free.  As you know, gluten is a protein substance found in wheat with lesser quantities found in oats, barley, and rye.  These grains and their derivatives are not used as diluents or binders in our products.  Further, the alcohol used in all of our products is derived from synthetic sources (petroleum based) rather than from fermentation of grains.
Eli Lilly and Company
U.S.M.D.  Medical Information Services
1-800-545-5979