From:
Nancy Scherbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:37:41 -0800

Two weeks ago JJ was in the hospital for 4 days with sever viral gastritis,
moderate dehydration, and what they think was a major food infraction.  He
started getting sick the day summer school started.  For some reason gluten
free diet never was passed on to her.  We think he got another child's
lunch.  He is now back to his usual self.

QUESTION:  Is there a blood test to accurately assess if there has been an
infraction on the diet?  Our Children's Hospital didn't know of any.  They
just went by his reaction to whatever he ate.  Something tells me we will be
doing this again.

I will summarize.

Nancy Nancy & Garry, parents of Samuel(10 ds), Timothy (9  ds), JJ (7
ds/autism/celiac), Peter (6 ds/ADHD/Celiac), and Esther (4 ds). All
adopted.