From:
The Taylors <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jun 2001 20:03:54 -0400

I've already gotten lots of requests to summarize, so here's what I've heard
so far.

1. Most people agree that distillation makes something gluten-free

2. Some people still get reactions.  Some say due to residual gluten others
say it's a separate reaction to the vinegar, alcohol, etc.

3. Unless there is another questionable ingredient -- tomato paste, HVP,
food starch, etc.  those condiments and flavorings previously off limits
should be GF.

I'm still wondering about mustard as I seem to recall something about
mustard powder.  I'd love it if someone could set me straight on this.

Thanks to all who responded so far.

-Krista