From:
Holly Gallahue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:48:13 EST

BE PATIENT!!! These are very good but brake easily and can be frustrating.
they are also not for anyone who is looking for low fat!! When you are done
with the doe chill it over night. I used all rice flour it would probably be
less grainy if you combined flours but I tried that with the first batch
rice,soy,quinoa and they tasted like a bean sprout and my kids RAN gagging to
the bathroom.

1 1/2 rice flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
6 T butter
1/3 cup shorting
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 T milk
1 t vanilla
1/4 t salt

Combine all dry ingredients beat sugar and butter and shorting then add
egg, vanilla and milk then combine all ingredients, chill over night!!

Roll on floured surface (I used potato mix) and cut out with xmas cutters,
nothing to difficult because they fall apart so big and simple like bells or
stars we got ours at Walmart.

Bake on GREASED cookie sheet at 375 for 5-8 minutes just until they are
brown at edges if over done they will crumble.

Also when rolling out the doe use half and put the other half in freezer to
keep cold and just keep switching as it gets to soft.

It sounds difficult but was a lot of fun and my kids played with some of the
doe while I did most of the work.

Now when they cool CAREFULLY remove from the sheet and store in Tupperware
and freeze the cookies over night then the next day sit the kiddies down with
bowls of colored frosting and they will love decorating them.

FROSTING: also NOT FOR LOW FAT!!!

1 box powdered sugar
1/2 cup (or more if needed) of shortening
1-2 T milk
1 1/2 t vanilla

Dump half the bag of sugar and add some of the shortening mix with beater add
milk and vanilla and then rest of sugar and shortening you cant really go
wrong I just dumped everything at once and it came out fine. Separate into
bowls and add food coloring to make whatever colors you want. we used
red,green,blue and left some white.

Keep the finished product in the freezer they are much better cold straight
out of the freezer and this will keep them from crumbling.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN
Holly