Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 17:19:45 -0600

Have been researching antacid products for both heartburn and calcium
supplementation.  I called Tums at 1-800-897-7536.  The customer service
representative I spoke with told me that Tums products do contain trace
amounts of gluten.  It think this makes them not such good candidates
for long-term calcium supplementation for us.

Will be calling the Rolaids people in the morning.

There was only one flavor that contained lactose and that was one of the mixed
fruit flavor selections.  Sorry, I don't remember exactly which one.

Hope this is helpful to some of you.

Toni Nolte.