EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS Archives

Evolutionary Fitness Discussion List

EVOLUTIONARY-FITNESS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Arthur De Vany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 13:58:01 -0800
I am pleased to hear of Robert's success; it is one of many such stories that I have heard about Evolutionary Fitness.

Most newcomers will not know about the Hierarchical and Alactic sets and other training methods that Robert used.  Those are contained in the book and Robert had a condensed version.  I will shortly make an extended form of that version available (for a fee).

I have made new additions to the technology of Power Law training that Robert refers to and they will also be in the condensed version to be available.  I have developed new ways to recruit fast twitch muscle fiber in those muscles where they are most abundant.  Based on a review of most of the caloric deprivation literature, and an understanding of the episodic nature of eating in a natural environment, I have also found ways to time meals and exercise so as to trigger hormone drives that give the essential benefits of extreme caloric deprivation (the only known intervention shown to extend life) without the cost of chronic hunger and loss of lean body tissue and metabolic rate.

As to where Robert might go to learn physiology with an evolutionary perspective, I can think of no better place than Colorado State University to work with Loren Cordain.

Arthur De Vany
Professor
Economics and Mathematical Behavioral Sciences
University of California
Irvine, CA 92697-5100
949-824-5269