From:
Mimi Blank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:01:08 EST

Here is the response I received from Norbest.

What do you all think?

Thank you for your further questions.  Our policy is to fully disclose all
ingredients on all of our packaging.  There are no "hidden" additives or
ingredients not listed on our package.

"Your inquiry regarding gluten shows concern for wheat based additives.  Two
additives in particular that are included in Norbest products may cause you
to wonder about their derivations.  These are modified food starch and wheat
flour.

The modified food starch used in some of our deli breast products is derived
from either corn or potatoes.  However, the gravy packet included as a
separate package in our boneless netted roasts does contain gluten in the
form of wheat flour.

Natural flavorings used in Norbest products are extracts of common
spices like pepper.  Natural turkey broth is derived from natural turkey
protein in a water-base.

The only product to avoid would be the gravy in the roast.  I hope this has
answered your questions and concerns.

Sincerely,
NORBEST, INC.

Connie B. Meade