From:
chintala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 08:28:57 +1100

My 7 year old 'gluten intolerant' son started chewing his fingers and
nails about two months ago. I started using a product called
Stop'n'Grow. He was unwell almost immediately. At first I didn't think
of it, but after 3 days, it dawned on me, duuuhh! It probably had gluten
in it.

We stopped using it, and after 4 days he was getting better. I called
the company who reassured me that there was nothing derived from gluten
in it.

So we used it again, and yes, almost immediately he is unwell again,
belly ache, diahorrea, cranky, tired.

Has anyone else (we are in Australia) encountered this? Do you have any
other solutions for helping him to stop biting his fingers?

We have tried to get to the bottom of it, no problems at home or at
school, in fact after finally getting this celiac under control, I
thought everything was finally okay. Out of my 5 kids, he is the one who
has had every problem going and I am surprised he didn't start nail
biting years ago. Delayed reaction now he is better maybe?

I will stop waffling. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks Tracy

Tracy Fleming
Australia