From:
SHIRLEY-ANNE SANCHEZ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:00:17 -0700

This is my first post to the list, though I've been
reading it for the past 9 months....so here it goes:

I recently ate at a fast-food steak chain called
"Steak-Out"...it was pretty tasty and inexpensive for
lunch. They use a Lachoy Soy Sauce to marinate the
meat (steak tips) on their lunch menu and I assume on
all of their steaks, but since I could not remember if
it was gluten-free (they let me read the label and
though it appeared to be okay, it had caramel
coloring)or not so they just cooked the meat with salt
& pepper. It was still good.

Anyway, you get a baked potato, salad and roll with
your lunch. Naturally I passed on the roll and salad
dressing until I could call the company (they were
closed when I last called, they are in Atlanta and I'm
in Colorado). I called them today and spoke to Ginny
Ianelli at 1-800-765-1950 in the R&D Department and
she said they have been told from their suppliers the
following dressings are g/f:

Any of the vinagrettes
Ranch
Italian

She was very nice and said they get lots of calls
relating to Celiac. And they are very happy to help
since one of the top people in this company have a
relative who is a Celiac.

Now I can add Steak Out to my list of lunch places and
eat Ranch Dressing!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Shirley-Anne
Denver, CO