C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Show Table of Contents

Afnan
Wed, 3 Jul 2019 14:15:43 -0400
Parents of children with motor delays:

Researchers at the University of Kentucky Department of Rehabilitation Sciences are inviting you to participate in a research study about early intervention services for young children with delayed motor development.

You are eligible to participate in the survey if:
• Your child has a delayed motor development, physical disability, cerebral palsy or Down syndrome
• Your child is receiving/received early intervention services (such as First steps, Help Me Grow etc.) provided by physical therapists or occupational therapists in the United States in the past 5 years
• You are the child’s primary caregiver/guardian

[More ...]
No Replies
Afnan
Tue, 25 Jun 2019 11:02:51 -0400
Hi,
I just signed up here, I'm a physical therapist and a researcher, I would like to reach out to parents of Cerebral Palsy and post a survey study flyer related to parents of young children with CP.
If anyone is interested please let me know.
Show Replies 12 Replies
Cindy Holub
Tue, 12 Dec 2017 07:30:35 -0600
..

http://inbarraicher.co.il/cclmwa.php?j8wg7ga

________
No Replies
Cindy Holub
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 08:24:49 -0200
..

http://witoldgromowski.com/aahcxls.php?yrv0koi4

_______
No Replies
Kathy Pink
Fri, 3 Nov 2017 11:42:05 -0500
Hello! My name is Kathy Jo Pink. I hope some of you remember me.
Show Replies 6 Replies
Burke Fanari
Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:56:13 +0000
https://www.goo.gl/eRYY3R##egk=89143&deyocig=858&uthwwg&mmxtfjgchfsbrwhemy&advgbhuhrpqumfwp==180=284088&

Burke FanariJust as tom and myrtle after the first drink mrs.He glowed with happy pride. I thought of those cold scenes of his, with their picturesque peasants and cypresses and olive-trees. They must look queer in their garish frames on the walls of the peasant house.bafanari
No Replies
Burke Fanari
Mon, 28 Nov 2016 20:49:29 +0000
bafanari http://www.goo.gl/EOtMEo##jjo=13629&kbwmgolhpryostvqra=374938&yxhkgl&iqcqwfguoey&rjzovwxidjskeqsnyg==664782=4772& Burke FanariAnd it made her voice huskier and more charming than ever."What can I do? I shall wait till she sends for me."
No Replies
Burke Fanari
Fri, 30 Sep 2016 11:50:31 +0000
https://goo.gl/IS5yDv#1ca=tamit&q5l3&isjreqa==0awe3$sid=@klzemt

From: Burke Fanari
Code: 3zqddiygos607vud
No Replies
Kathy Jo Pink
Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:15:39 -0500
Can / Do people with disabilities use Credit / dedebt cards and have
them take moneydirectly out of their banking account ?
Show Replies 2 Replies
Burke Fanari
Fri, 9 Sep 2016 04:54:16 +0000
http://service61.mfc-region.ru/654578-654w424-8543-234.php#cy=36&atlw=9059==85989 _______Burke Fanari
No Replies
Burke Fanari
Sat, 3 Sep 2016 00:19:56 +0000
http://brangussonora.org/6547-75453256-86875765-35464.php#kf=19≫=85232==949 ---------Burke Fanari
No Replies
I. Weiss
Tue, 23 Aug 2016 06:12:35 -0400
This NIH News Release is available online at:<https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/stem-cell-therapy-heals-injured-mouse-brain>.

B"H flying out to you from Outlook.com [Mail]
No Replies
Kathy Pink
Thu, 23 Jun 2016 13:06:35 -0500
is Cerebral Palsy progressive ?
Show Replies 4 Replies
I. Weiss
Thu, 16 Jun 2016 05:53:51 -0400
http://montrealgazette.com/news/montreal-neuros-3d-brain-mapping-research-gets-technological-boost

B"H flying out to you from Outlook.com [Mail]
No Replies
Keisha Browning
Fri, 20 May 2016 07:16:19 -0400
Hello all,

My nlame is Keisha Browning and I just want to introduce myself. I am 35 years old and live in Lexington Kentucky. I look forward to meeting everyone soon.

Keisha Browning [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) Impossible = I'm Possible

Sent using Email (https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id922793622?pt=814382&ct=Email&mt=8)

Keisha Browning [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask]) Impossible = I'm Possible

Sent using Email (https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id922793622?pt=814382&ct=Email&mt=8)
Show Replies 9 Replies
I. Weiss
Tue, 19 Apr 2016 06:44:27 -0400
B"H flying out to you from Outlook.com [Mail]
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/dr-aubry-tager/media-reports-on-concussions_b_9721472.htmlMost Media Reports On Concussions Tell Only Half The Story Posted: 04/18/2016 3:09 pm EDT Updated: 04/18/2016 3:09 pm EDT Tatyana Tomsickova Photography via Getty Images Share 8 Tweet 0 Email 0Comment 0tumblr reddit ADVERTISEMENT I am a strong advocate for concussion awareness. A while back I predicted that concussion would be a story with legs, not just because of the Will Smith movie Concussion released late last year, but because of the strong connection to sports icons and the power of their voices.
Fast forward nearly five months and the story

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathy Pink
Tue, 15 Mar 2016 18:18:01 -0500
Does incontinent come with cp?
Show Replies 3 Replies
Kathy Pink
Mon, 7 Mar 2016 18:03:55 -0600
Can a Swallowing Disorder come with Cerebral Palsy?
Show Replies 1 Reply
I. Weiss
Wed, 2 Mar 2016 09:21:33 -0500
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/u-of-t-researcher-earns-worlds-richest-prize-for-brain-research/article28991025/?click=sf_globefb
No Replies
I. Weiss
Tue, 1 Mar 2016 11:23:47 -0500
http://brainupdate.nih.gov/2016/03/01/nih-neuroscience-blueprint-funding-opportunity-for-training-in-computational-neuroscience/
No Replies
I. Weiss
Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:00:29 -0500
http://brainupdate.nih.gov/2016/02/25/nsf-announces-plans-for-national-brain-observatory/
No Replies
I. Weiss
Mon, 22 Feb 2016 09:54:26 -0500
http://brainupdate.nih.gov/2016/02/22/nih-brain-initiative-publication-roundup-late-february-2016/#more-861
No Replies
I. Weiss
Mon, 1 Feb 2016 10:31:45 -0500
http://www.mcgill.ca/neuro/channels/news/neuro-receives-support-montreal-based-vigilant-global-development-first-chemical-brain-atlas-258051
No Replies
I. Weiss
Fri, 25 Dec 2015 07:52:13 -0500
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/wearable-technology-for-your-brain-1.3378658?cmp=rss&cid=news-digests-canada-and-world-morning
Today's wearable technology can zap your brain, perhaps even safely'It’s really interesting … but we really don’t know what we’re doing,' says neuroscientistBy Laura Wright, CBC News Posted: Dec 25, 2015 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Dec 25, 2015 6:36 AM ET
No Replies
I. Weiss
Wed, 2 Dec 2015 12:49:13 -0500
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/detroit-thieves-film-themselves-beating-a-man-with-cerebral-palsy-then-post-video-on-victims-facebook-police-say
Show Replies 1 Reply
Lisa Saunders
Sat, 21 Nov 2015 15:40:32 -0500
http://alelix.com.br/wvypqkt.php

Success is a lo'usy teacher. It seduces smart peo'ple into' thinking they can't lo'se.
Kathrine Majkowski
No Replies
I. Weiss
Thu, 8 Oct 2015 11:38:45 -0400
http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Human_Spaceflight/Research/Astronaut_brains_as_beacons_for_researchers
No Replies
I. Weiss
Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:28:49 -0400
http://www.brainupdate.nih.gov/new-article-in-science-discusses-brain-initiatives-goal-of-creating-brain-cell-census/
No Replies
I. Weiss
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 11:39:56 -0400
http://www.medgadget.com/2015/08/brain-controlled-exoskeleton-to-let-severely-disabled-take-a-walk-video.html
Researchers at Korea University and TU Berlin have been working on integrating brain monitoring into a robotic exoskeleton to allow severely disabled people to move on their own. The system uses an EEG cap to detect steady state visual evoked potentials, which are brain signals generated when a person looks at a flashing light.
In the experimental setup there’s an array of lights that strobe at different frequencies. The user of the exoskeleton simply focuses on one of the lights, each of which is associated with a specific motion such as “turn left”, and the EEG system recognizes the

[More ...]
No Replies
I. Weiss
Mon, 20 Jul 2015 09:10:50 -0400
http://www.nih.gov/news/health/jul2015/ninds-16.htm

Futuristic brain probe allows for wireless control of neurons
07/16/2015 02:06 PM EDT

NIH-funded scientists developed an ultra-thin, minimally invasive device for controlling brain cells with drugs and light.
No Replies
along dan
Fri, 15 May 2015 09:47:49 +0530
I'm the mother of a 17 months old cp baby.
Show Replies 13 Replies
Jennifer Miller-Farias
Thu, 2 Apr 2015 19:34:07 -0400
Hello,
My name is Jennifer and I have a 2 and a 1/2 year old son with cerebral palsy. My son was diagnosis when he was 11 months old. We were so overwhelmed with all the possible treatments we could try for our son. Unfortunately, we found that each doctor would suggest a different treatment. We found that through talking with other parents we got the most valuable information. This sparked an interest for my master's thesis in clinical psychology looking at what treatments parents and caregivers of children with CP find most effective. My study take approximately 15 mins

[More ...]
Show Replies 3 Replies
Michael Jeffries
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:27:44 -0400
My email accounts have been receiving spam from me. I've seen in the header listing several from here. I've made several good friends here and want to keep you as friends. Passwords have been changed. Sorry for the unwanted emails from me.

Michael Jeffries
Show Replies 1 Reply
Kathy Jo Pink
Sat, 24 Jan 2015 09:49:44 -0600
Looking for something to do today. If at home, watch the Starfest
Telethon Live on WEAU 13 and make a donation. Want to get out and enjoy
the beautiful weather, head out to Snowbiz at Winterfest on Lake
Altoona,lots of great activities to watch and take part in!
Show Replies 9 Replies
Kathy Jo Pink
Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:16:50 -0600
Hi and Happy New Year everyone,

In December, my parents and I had an argument about how much money I
spend, how much pop I drink in a day, and where I live. We live 2-3
hours apart . is this normal?
Show Replies 8 Replies
I. Weiss
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 07:34:08 -0500
http://www.medicalxpress.com/news/2014-12-microlesions-epilepsy-technique.html
No Replies
ETC
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:40:32 +0000
Just a friendly reminder to join Evidence to Care today at 2:00 pm (EST) as we showcase the Chronic Pain Toolbox for Children with Disabilities during the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario's Champion Webinar.

Register for free: http://rnao.ca/events/champions-webinar-17

Presenters: Taryn Orava, Ashleigh Townley, Nick Joachimides, Linda Fay

Objectives:

* Provide details on current clinical practice using the Assessment and Management of Pain Best Practice Guideline to assess acute pain within inpatient units
* Describe the gap in standard practice regarding the assessment of chronic pain in outpatient units
* Following the Knowledge-to-Action Cycle, describe the integrated knowledge translation strategy used

[More ...]
No Replies
ETC
Wed, 10 Dec 2014 22:04:25 +0000
Dear valued health care professionals,

Evidence to Care at Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital (Toronto, Canada), would like to formally invite you to visit www.hollandbloorview.ca/toolbox<http://www.hollandbloorview.ca/toolbox> and download the Chronic Pain Assessment Toolbox for Children with Disabilities.

This compendium of best practice resources intends to support health care professionals in their efforts to accurately identify and assess chronic pain in children with disabilities. The Toolbox is made up of four sections:

[More ...]
No Replies
I. Weiss
Tue, 9 Dec 2014 14:29:54 -0500
http://www.wired.com/2014/12/google-opens-cloud-crack-genetic-code-autism/
No Replies
I. Weiss
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:19:08 -0500
http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2014/12/03/Promising-new-spinal-injury-drug-spurs-nerve-regeneration-in-animals/3961417644529/
No Replies
Kathy Jo Pink
Sat, 29 Nov 2014 14:57:06 -0600
In July, we received a resident (here at Hiawaitha (the group home that
I live in)). She has beeninvading my space and teasing all the time and
adding to my depression
Show Replies 2 Replies
Michael Jeffries
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:36:17 -0500
One area ADA wasn't too clear about: http://blog.themobilityresource.com/blog/post/accessible-taxis-a-civil-right-or-a-nice-perk Michael Jeffries [log in to unmask]
No Replies
Saul Schleider (Renwear)
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 21:31:12 -0000
Hi all.

My name is Saul.

I have never been in contact with group of people going through similar
challenges although my wife attends a special needs mums group locally.

I have a gorgeous 2 year old boy called Izzy who has C.P. I found this group
just surfing the web "I find it therapeutic"!

[More ...]
Show Replies 4 Replies
I. Weiss
Fri, 24 Oct 2014 15:18:15 -0400
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/192146-robotic-through-the-cheek-brain-surgery-now-possible-inside-the-all-seeing-eye-of-an-mri

phenominal
No Replies
Kathy Jo Pink
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:25:34 -0500
I have a new FaceBook Account because I forgot my e-mail and password.
Please use this one ONLY (until you hear differently). THIS IS NOT A
SPAM! Also, please only use this e-mail address (unless I tell you
differently.) KJP
No Replies
Michael Jeffries
Tue, 14 Oct 2014 20:01:34 -0400
I have a problem and I need help ONLY from those who understand about H. Y. 5775 This is a disability request but I need to talk directly with those so I don't cause problems at work. I need some clarity from friends. Michael Jeffries [log in to unmask]
No Replies
I. Weiss
Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:52:31 -0400
https://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=gyo9VP-DH6WC8QfexoHIBA&gws_rd=ssl#q=uhf+mri
No Replies
Kathy Jo Pink
Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:46:42 -0500

Show Replies 3 Replies
Kathy Jo Pink
Mon, 29 Sep 2014 11:57:49 -0500
Hello All:

I was asked given a presentation on my life's experience and Cerebral
Palsy, what we would like other people to know. Any or any input would
be appreciated . I don't know exactly when I'll be giving this. Kathy
Jo Pink
Show Replies 2 Replies
I. Weiss
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:09:12 -0400
http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2014/09/21/sean-montgomerys-thinking-cap-lights-up-his-brain-waves/
No Replies
I. Weiss
Thu, 4 Sep 2014 09:41:57 -0400
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2742486/Groundbreaking-experiment-allows-brain-brain-communication-internet-people-5-000-miles-apart.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
No Replies
reJennifer Bartlett
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 13:28:12 -0400
Hi All,

I wanted to share a couple of publications I had recently.

http://jacket2.org/category/commentary-tags/jennifer-bartlett

http://www.poets.org/poetsorg/poet/jennifer-bartlett

I'm also teaching a class this Fall in NYC through the Poetry Project
If anyone knows someone who may be interested, please pass the link along.

Jennifer

http://poetryproject.org/category/program-calendar/workshops/?ec3_after=today
No Replies
I. Weiss
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 12:31:53 -0400
http://www.mcgill.ca/channels/news/alan-evans-awarded-major-brain-disorders-prize-238360

Alan Evans awarded major brain disorders prizeNews Published: 21 Aug 2014 Dr. Alan Evans, a pioneering scientist who has helped map the human brain, has been awarded the Margolese National Brain Disorders Prize by the University of British Columbia. Dr. Evans is a researcher at the Montreal Neurological Institute and the James McGill Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery, Psychiatry and Biomedical Engineering at McGill University.
Dr. Evans has redefined the role of neuroimaging by developing techniques and analytic tools that are now universally used. One of Dr. Evans’s signature achievements was creating the Montreal Neurological Institute-reference brain, the most

[More ...]
No Replies
I. Weiss
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 09:14:59 -0400
http://www.examiner.com/article/researchers-discover-extra-brain-connections-children-with-autism?cid=rss
No Replies
Kathy Jo Pink
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:46:04 -0500
What's everybodys living arrangements.? I live in a Group Home.
Show Replies 1 Reply
I. Weiss
Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:31:58 -0400
From: Kathy Jo Pink <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 09/30/2013 5:45 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]

[More ...]
No Replies
Meir Weiss
Mon, 30 Sep 2013 07:54:05 -0400
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/avril-lavigne-launches-crowdfunding-ca
mpaign-625957
Show Replies 11 Replies
Meir Weiss
Sun, 29 Sep 2013 07:26:29 -0400
http://www.montrealgazette.com/travel/Checking+K%C3%A9roul+widens+road+touri
sts+with+special+needs/8952805/story.html
No Replies
Bob Segalman
Mon, 9 Sep 2013 22:31:26 -0400
People with speech problems from CP probably constitute most of the users of a nationwide, FCC mandated telephone assistance service called Speech-to-Speech (See www.speechtospeech.org). The FCC is requesting input from the public on rules changing to improve the service. I have prepared a set of talking points for those who want to file comments which are due 9/16, with additional time if needed. Please email at [log in to unmask] me for a copy of the talking points and other information.

[More ...]
No Replies
Meir Weiss
Sun, 1 Sep 2013 09:58:04 -0400
http://www.perimeterinstitute.ca/node/91196
No Replies
Dr. Bob
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 22:17:00 -0700
One of my problems growing up with CP is that I did not know any successful adults with CP. I attempted to solve the problem for the next generation, so when you mentioned Facebook, it reminded me to list about a Facebook called Doc- Cerebral Palsy. This is a group of people with Cerebral Palsy who have MDs, PhDs, or other doctorates. If one happens to live close to you and you have someone in your family with CP, you might introduce them to each other.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Kathy Jo Pink
Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:01:07 -0500
I don't know about you guys. But, I don't understand all of this social media . I can understand FaceBook pretty much. I don't get LinkedIn and Twitter.
Show Replies 6 Replies
Bob Segalman
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 01:35:06 -0400
I am told that because of significant athetosis, I would not be able keep a lower denture in place. As my lower teeth are wearing out, I am told that my only choice is to have implants with an over bridge at a cost of 30K. Is there anyone out there with significant athetosis who is using a lower denture successfully?

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Kathy Jo Pink
Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:20:30 -0500
I was born with Cerebral Palsy. I can't join Special Olympics because I don't have a cognitive disability or delay , Has this ever happened to anyone on this list before?
Show Replies 9 Replies
Meir Weiss
Wed, 21 Aug 2013 12:35:01 -0400
https://www.facebook.com/NeuroscienceResearchTechniques?hc_location=stream

http://www.mcgill.ca/research/channels/news/new-role-sodium-brain-229946

Sodium (the major chemical component in table salt) has the potential to
significantly alter brain activity. Scientists at McGill University found
that sodium can switch an important receptor on and off. The receptor--known
as a kainate receptor--is important for brain functions and alterations in
kainate activity have been linked to neurological disorders like epilepsy.
In new research published in Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, the
researchers found that sodium binds to an alternate site on the kainate
receptor and controls the receptors ability to bind to its normal ligand.
This binding site appears to be unique to kainate

[More ...]
No Replies
Michael Jeffries
Sat, 17 Aug 2013 14:31:08 -0400
Meir is the only one posting right now. It seems fair to awaken the masses with this question: Do you feel it's fair for Hollywood to use only nondisabled actors/actresses for disabled roles? Can we as disabled people be taken seriously instead of the special of the week? Does anyone remember a cable station for the disabled? I'm just throwing out ideas to get your minds brainstorming.

[More ...]
Show Replies 9 Replies
Meir Weiss
Thu, 15 Aug 2013 09:36:21 -0400