Assalaamu alaikum
Alhamdulillah and we continue our lessons on salaah with Shaickh al-Albaani (raheemahullah).
Tarteel (Recitation in slow, rhythmic tones), & Making the Voice Beautiful when Reciting
He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) used to recite the Qur'aan in slow, measured rythmic tones as Allaah had instructed him, not racing or hurrying; rather, his was "a recitation clearly- distinguishing each letter"1, so much so that "he would recite a soorah in such slow rhythmic tones that it would be longer than would seem possible."2
He also used to say: It will be said to the reciter of the Qur'aan (on the Day of Judgment), 'Recite and ascend; recite slowly and rhythmically as you used to do in the previous world; your place will be at the last aayah you recite.3

He "used to prolong his recitation (at a letter which can be prolonged), such as at bismil-laah, at ar-rahmaan, and at ar- raheem"4, and at "nadeed" (Qaaf 50:10)5 & their like.

He used to stop at the end of an aayah, as has already been explained.6

Sometimes "he would recite in an attractive vibrating tone7, as he did on the Day of the Conquest of Makkah, when, while on his she-camel, he recited soorah al-Fath (48:29) [very softly]8, and 'Abdullaah ibn Mughaffal narrated this attractive tone thus : aaa."9

He used to command making one's voice beautiful when reciting the Qur'aan, saying

Beautify the Qur'aan with your voices [for a fine voice increases the Qur'aan in beauty]10 and

Truly, the one who has one of the finest voices among the people for reciting the Qur'aan is the one whom you think fears Allaah when you hear him recite.11

He also used to command recitation of the Qur'aan in a pleasant tone, saying: Study the Book of Allaah; recite it repeatedly; acquire (memorise) it; and recite it in a melodious tone, for by Him in whose Hand is my soul, it runs away quicker than camels from their tying ropes.12

He also used to say, He who does not recite the Qur'aan in a pleasant tone is not of us13 and

Allaah does not listen to anything as he listens (in some versions: as he is listening) to a prophet [with a nice voice, and in one version: with a nice melody] who recites the Qur'aan in a pleasant tone14 [loudly].15

He said to Abu Moosaa al-Ash'ari (radi Allaahu 'anhu),

Had you seen me while I was listening to your recitation yesterday! You have surely been given one of the musical wind- instruments16 of the family of Daawood! [So Abu Moosaa said: "Had I known you were there, I would have made my voice more pleasant and emotional for you]."17

Correcting the Imaam
He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) set the example of correcting the imaam when his recitation becomes mixed up, when once "he prayed, reciting loudly, and his recitation became mixed up, so when he finished, he said to Ubayy: Did you pray with us? He replied, 'Yes.' He said, So what prevented you [from correcting me]?"18

Seeking Refuge & Spitting Lightly during Prayer in order to Repel Temptation
'Uthmaan ibn Abi l-'Aas (radi Allaahu 'anhu) said to him, "O Messenger of Allaah! The devil comes between me and my prayer and confuses me in my recitation!" So the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, That is a devil called Khinzab, so when you detect him, seek refuge with Allaah from him, and spit lightly19 on your left three times. He said, "So when I did that, Allaah caused him to go away from me."20
The Rukoo' (Bowing)
After completing his recitation, he (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would pause for a moment21, then raise his hands22 in the way described earlier under the "Opening Takbeer", say takbeer23, and make rukoo'.24
He also ordered "the one who prayed badly" likewise, saying to him, Indeed, the prayer of one of you is not complete until he makes an excellent ablution as Allaah has commanded him to ... then he celebrates Allaah's greatness, praises and glorifies Him, then recites the Qur'aan as much as is easy for him from what Allaah has taught him and allowed him, then says takbeer and makes rukoo' [and places his hands on his knees] until his joints are at ease and relaxed25

The Rukoo' Described
"He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would place his palms on his knees"26, and "would order them to do likewise"27, as he ordered "the one who prayed badly" in the afore-mentioned hadeeth.
"He would put his hands firmly on his knees [as though he were grasping them]"28, and "would space his fingers out"29, ordering "the one who prayed badly" likewise, saying: When you make rukoo', place your palms on your knees, then space your fingers out, then remain (like that) until every limb takes its (proper) place.30

"He used to spread himself (i.e., not be in a compact position), and keep his elbows away from his sides."31

"When he made rukoo', he would spread his back and make it level"32, "such that if water were poured on it, it (the water) would stay there (i.e., not run off)."33 He also said to "the one who prayed badly", When you make rukoo', put your palms on your knees, spread your back (flat) and hold firm in your rukoo'.34

"He would neither let his head droop nor raise it (i.e. higher than his back)"35, but it would be in between.36

The Obligation of Being at Ease in Rukoo'
He used to be at ease in his rukoo', and ordered "the one who prayed badly" to be so, as has been mentioned in the first section on rukoo'.
He used to say, Complete the rukoo' and sujood, for by Him in whose Hand is my soul, I surely see you behind my back37 when you make rukoo' and sujood.38

"He saw a man praying not completing his rukoo' properly, and pecking in his sujood, so he said, Were this man to die in this state, he would die on a faith other than that of Muhammad, [pecking in his prayer as a crow pecks at blood; he who does not make rukoo' completely and pecks in his sujood is like the hungry person who eats one or two dates, which are of no use to him at all.39

Abu Hurairah (radi Allaahu 'anhu) said, "My close friend (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) forbade me from pecking in my prayer like a cockerel, from looking around like a fox, and from squatting like a monkey."40

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) also used to say, The worst thief among men is the one who steals from his prayer. They said, "O Messenger of Allaah, how does he steal from his prayer?" He said, He does not complete its rukoo' and sujood.41

Once, "he was praying, when he glanced out of the corner of his eye at a man not settling his backbone in rukoo' and sujood. When he finished, he said, O assembly of Muslims! Verily, the prayer is not valid of the one who does not settle his spine in rukoo' and sujood."42

He said in another hadeeth, The prayer of a man does not count unless he straightens his back in rukoo' and sujood.43

The Adhkaar of Rukoo'
He would say different types of remembrance of Allaah and supplication, any one of the following at a time:
  1..

                                                             (Subhaana Rabbial adheem)
  How Perfect is my Lord, the Supreme!, three times.44 But sometimes, he would repeat it more than that.45 Once, in night prayer, he repeated it so much that his rukoo' became nearly as long as his standing before it, in which he had recited three of the Long Soorahs: Baqarah, Nisaa' and aal- 'Imraan. This prayer was full of supplication & seeking forgiveness, and the hadeeth has already been mentioned under "Recitation in Night Prayer."

  2..

                                                Subhaana Rabbial adheem wa bihamdih
  How Perfect is my Lord, the Supreme, and Praised be He, three times.46

  3..

                                                 Subbuh Qudduus Rabbul Malaikati Wa Ruh
  Perfect, Blessed,47 Lord of the Angels and the Spirit.48

  4..

                                     Subhaanaka Allahumma wa bihamdika Allahummaghfirlee
  How Perfect You are O Allaah, and Praises are for You. O Allaah, forgive me. He would say it often in his rukoo' and sujood, implementing (the order of) the Qur'aan.49

  5..

  Allahumma laka raka'atu wa bika amantu wa laka aslamtu anta Rabbee khasa'a laka sam'ee wa basaree wa mukhee wa adhmee (wa edhaamee) wa 'asabee (wa maastaqallat bihi qadamee lillaahee rabbil aalameen)
  O Allaah! To You I have bowed; in You I have believed; to You I have submitted; [You are my Lord]; humbled for You are my hearing, my seeing, my marrow, my bone (in one narration: my bones), my sinews, [and whatever my feet carry50 (are humbled) for Allaah, Lord of the Worlds].51

  6..

  Allahumma lakal raka'tu wa bika aamantu wa laka aslamtu wa alaika tawakkaltu anta rabbee khasha'a sam'ee wa basaree wa dammee wa lahmee wa adhamee wa 'asabee lillaahi rabbil aalameen
  O Allaah! to You I have bowed; in You I have believed; to You I have submitted; in You I have placed my trust; You are my Lord; my hearing, my seeing, my blood, my flesh, my bones, and my sinews are humbled for Allaah, Lord of the Worlds.52

  7..

  Subhaana dheel jabaruti walmalakuuti wal kibriyaa e waladhamah
  How Perfect is He Who has all Power, Kingdom, Magnificence and Supremity, which he used to say in night prayer.

Lengthening the Rukoo'
"He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) used to make his rukoo', his standing after rukoo', his sujood, and his sitting in between the two sajdahs, nearly equal in length."53

Forbiddance of Reciting the Qur'aan in Rukoo'
"He used to forbid recitation of the Qur'aan in rukoo' and sujood."54 Further, he used to say, Verily, I have indeed been forbidden from reciting the Qur'aan in rukoo' or sujood. In the rukoo', therefore, glorify the Supremity of the Lord, Mighty and Sublime, in it; as for the sujood, exert yourselves in supplication in it, for it is most likely that you will be answered.55

Straightening up from the Rukoo', & what is to be said then
Next, "he (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would straighten up his back out of rukoo', saying,

Sami'allahu liman hamidah
                                                        (Allaah listens to the one who praises Him).56

He also ordered "the one who prayed badly" to do that, when he said to him: No person's prayer is complete until ... he has said takbeer ... then made rukoo' ... then has said "Allaah listens to the one who praises Him" until he is standing straight."57 When he raised his head, he would stand straight until every vertebra returned to its place.58

Next, "he would say while standing:

Rabbana walakalhamd
                                                                       (Our Lord, [and] to You be all Praise).59

He has commanded all worshippers, whether behind an imaam or not, to do the above on rising from rukoo', by saying Pray as you have seen me praying.60

He also used to say, The imaam is there to be followed ... when he has said 'Allaah listens to the one who praises Him' then say, '[O Allaah!] Our Lord, and to You be all Praise'; Allaah will listen to you, for indeed, Allaah, Blessed and Exalted, has said via the tongue of His Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam): Allaah listens to the one who praises Him.'61

He also gave a reason for this command in another hadeeth, saying: for he whose saying coincides with that of the angels will have his past sins forgiven.62

He used to raise his hands when straightening up63, in the ways described under the Opening Takbeer.

While standing, he would say, as previously-mentioned,

  1..

                                                                   Rabbana wa lakal hamd
                                                           Our Lord, and to You be all Praise64; or

  2..

                                                                     Rabbana lakalhamd
                                                                 Our Lord, to You be all Praise.65

  Sometimes, he would add at the beginning of either of these:

  3..

                                                                                 Allahumma
                                                                                 O Allaah! ...66

  He used to order others to do this, saying, "When the imaam says: Allaah listens to the one who praises Him, then say: O Allaah! Our Lord, to You be all Praise, for he whose saying coincides with that of the angels will have his past sins forgiven."67

  Sometimes, he would add either:

  4..

  Mil assamawaati wamil a al-ardhi wamil a maashi i ta minshay in ba'd
  ... Filling the heavens, filling the earth, and filling whatever else You wish68, or

  5..

      Mil assamawati wamil a al-ardhi wa maa baynahumaa wa mil a ma shita min shay in ba'd
  ... Filling the heavens, [filling] the earth, whatever is between them, and filling whatever else You wish.69

  Sometimes, he would add even further:

  6..

  Ahlthana i walmajd laa mani'a lima a'thayta wa laa mu'tiya lima mana'ta wa layanfa'u dhal jaddi minkal jaddi
  Lord of Glory & Majesty! None can withhold what You grant, and none can grant what You withhold; nor can the possessions of an owner benefit him in front of You.70

  Or, sometimes, the addition would be:

  7..

  Mil'a sama wati wa mil a al-ardhi wa ma baynahuma wa mil a ma shi'ta min shay in ba'd ahla thana i wal majd ahaqqu ma qaala al abdu wa kullunaa laka 'abdu, Allahumma la mani'a lima a'thaita wa la mu'thiya lima mana'ta wa la yanfa'u dhal jadd minkal jadd.
  Filling the heavens, filling the earth, and filling whatever else You wish. Lord of Glory and Majesty! - The truest thing a slave has said, and we are all slaves to You. [O Allaah!] None can withhold what You grant, [and none can grant what You withhold,] nor can the possessions of an owner benefit him in front of You.71

  Sometimes, he would say the following during night prayer:

  8..

                                                           Li rabbiyal hamdu li rabbi yalhamdu
  To my Lord be all Praise, to my Lord be all Praise, repeating it until his standing was about as long as his rukoo', which had been nearly as long as his first standing, in which he had recited soorah al-Baqarah.72

  9..

  Rabbana wa lakal hamdu hamdan katheeran thayyiban mubarakan fihi (mubarakan 'alayhi kama yuhibbu rabbuna wa yardha
  Our Lord, and to You be all Praise, so much pure praise, inherently blessed, [externally blessed, as our Lord loves and is pleased with].73

  A man praying behind him (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said this after he (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) had raised his head from rukoo' and said: Allaah listens to the one who praises Him. When the Messenger of Allaah had finished his prayer, he said, Who was the one speaking just now? The man said, "It was I, O Messenger of Allaah." So the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, I saw over thirty angels hurrying to be the first one to write it down.74
  Allahumma salli wasallim alaa Nabiyyina Muhammad. Wasalaam.
  Modou Mbye