I have been away for this listing for about a year but I am back because
I need help. My question to other celiacs is:

After being gluten-free for over 4 years, is it possible to have a
spontaneous relapse even though the diet has been adhered to all this
time? I looked in the archives and it was said it is very rare (I don't
see myself as rare - just unique!) Said blood tests should be done to
see if the gliadin antibodies are up. I also know an endoscopy should
probably be done in conjuntion with the blood test.

Are there any celiacs who had been faithful with their diet and had a
spontaneous relapse?

One other thing.  I just recently started clown school (see, I told you
I am unique!)  and wonder about the talc.  powder.  The dictionary says
it is "a very soft, usually massive and foliated (whatever that means!)
mineral, magnesium silicate, Mg2Si4O10(OH)2, with a greasy feel, used
to make talcum powder, lubricants, etc."  Now, from what SUBSTANCE does
this mag.  silicate come from?  Does it come from a grain?  I am using
Johnson's Baby Powder to set the makeup.  Does anyone know if powder is
a problem to celiacs?

Thanks for your help, fellow helpmates

Ellen "Starkles"