----------
From:   George Issa[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]

I desperately need help. I am using an IBM Aptiva M40, the CPU has been
upgraded from 75Mhz to 166. Ram from 8 to 40. Windows 3.1 upgraded to
Windows 95. Modem upgraded to 33.6 from 28.8. with a second hard drive
(1.2gigs added, same capacity as original). Office 97 and a multitude
of
software programs are installed including the original ones which I am
unable to remove because it renders the machine nonfunctional when I
try to
remove them, due to the upgrade from 3.1 to 95.

My problem is, the machine functions perfect for a few days and then
problems start, which I will describe the details. The glitches appear
and
disappear in a few days.

The machine starts to slow down noticeably and the modem looses the
connection, when I hit Ctrl,Alt+Delete the dialogue box shows  "Mmtask
not
responding" I then end the task and the machine freezes I have to
disconnect the power and reboot, everything then functions until I

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html