Most descriptions I've seen from catalogs, product boxes, etc. indicate
the fastest these things will run is about 4Mbps regardless of whether or
not it can physically attach to a 10Mbps or 100Mbps network.  The USB
interface itself is apparently the bottleneck.

-JOWj.

"The Pledge of Allegiance says, 'With liberty and justice for ALL.'  What
part of ALL do you not understand?" - Rep. Pat Schroder.

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Robert Bowen - Information Services - SUNY Farmingdale wrote:

> Hello list,
>
>   Does anyone have any experience with a USB Ethernet adapter.  I saw one
> at my local Microcenter that from what I saw on the box supported a 100mbps
> connection.  I would love to hear from anyone who has tried this or a
> similiar product.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html