I too, do not seem to be extremely sensitive, and perhaps for the same reason.
I went back to vinegar 6 mos. after diagnosis because eliminating that was
worse than wheat! Also, I eat in Asisan restaurants. I used to avoid dishes
with soy sauce and bring my own, but now I am not as careful. I even taste my
husband's meal when we eat out if it something truly delectable. I believe
there may be something to the theory that total elimination leads to increased
sensitivity.