I was on vacation in February for about two weeks .J I went to Florida with my parents. The reason we went to Florida is to visit my aunt and uncle who live down there for the winter months, and we thought we could take a short summer; and soak up some sunshine for a week or two; For it was in the eighties every day; nice huh. J We saw a lot of people from Lancaster down there in Florida that we visited with.

We drove there. It was an inexpensive trip . . . the most inexpensive gas was $0.62.9. The most expensive was at our own home town at a little over a dollar a gallon. Motels ranged from $35 to $50 per night and every one was neat, nice , and clean. Most had a refrigerator (but some didn’t work. L )

As we were going down the highway , I had some Mac Attacks (Big Macs from McDonald’s) (Because we stopped there almost every noon and we would order some Big Macs every time.) We found that the food was about the same price at home as it was in Florida. All the fruit like oranges , grapefruit was about the same price as it was at home, but they tasted better there in Florida especially at my aunt and uncle’s house because we picked them off the tree in their backyard just minutes prior to eating them.

The hi-light of our trip was that we took a boat trip down to Key West (which is as far south as you can go in the US.) During the boat trip , I met five other people that used to work for a telephone company and now have retired (I work for a telephone company also) so we had a lot in common to chat about.

On the day that we left my aunt and uncle’s Florida home we picked Grapefruit in their backyard and they give us some to take home with us. Now that we are home we are eating grapefruit every morning for breakfast and they are very juicy and tasty.

On the way home one of our many stops was in Nashville , Tennessee. I wanted to go to The Grand Old Opray but my parents didn’t think that was a good idea for they have seen it several times before, and they told me that you could see it better sitting in front of the TV, which we did. Tickets would have been $18 plus tax per person and that wouldn’t have been reserved seats. I sorta hate country music anyway but don’t tell my parents that. We toured Nashville and saw the old Ryman Auditorium. At lunch time , we were at Shoney’s Restaurant. We saw some of the homes and buildings and dad said "Boy, has that town changed."

In case some of you forgot or are new. . .

I was born on July 5, 1971. It was a complicated birth. . . I couldn’t cry , breathe or suck. The doctors thought I would be a vegetable the rest of my life. As a result of all of this , I was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at the age of three a half . I am very physically disabled because of all of this. I can’t walk , talk , or feed myself. When I was four years old , I was the Cerebral Palsy Poster child. I went to Day Care for that had disabilities and Early Childhood. Then I went through all of school. When I was in fourth grade , I was put in to a special education class in school. I used to to drool a lot and I had a surgery to stop that. When I was a freshman in high school , I had what looked like seizures but actually it was suicidal attempts. I won the award for the outstanding handicapped citizen for the state of Wisconsin. I went to college and double majored in Data Entry and Accounting. I update telephone directories for a living. I do about twenty to thirty a year. I do it right from my home in Lancaster , Wisconsin USA. I’m twenty-seven years old. I also make and sell my own greeting cards. As I mentioned before , I have had a lot of problems with depression and suicide. From 1992 to 1998 I was in counseling and from 1994-96, I was hospitalized seven times because of this. The reason of all of this is because I couldn’t cope with having a disability. My family consists of a father , a mother and three brothers. I also have seven nieces and nephews . I collect angels. I’m really involved on the Internet. I’m on about five ListServs, ICQ, AOL Instant Messenger , and mIRC. My ICQ UIN # is 16632777. My screen name for AOL Instant Messenger is KJPink. The servers that I’m usually on no mIRC are StarChat, Sorcery, and Talk City.

After I got home, I started every Wednesday working at SouthWest Opportunities Center.

It is a place where people with physical and mentally challenged work.I like it so far.  (I only went once because that last Wednesday was my first day to work there.  I went there before last Wednesday but only for rec./leisure.  Wednesday , I played bingo, listened to stories, played with clay, and paper shed.