I built a new system and fortunately all went well, except I could not
get it to recognize the mouse: turned out my FIC motherboard wanted a
specific cable assembly from the mb pin set to the mouse. I always
thought they were all the same, but this is NOT true. Turns out the pins
are a bit different in configuration. The mouse worked fine on other
systems with various boards, I needed a DTK-type cable. Now all is fine,
my serial mouse and I are best of friends.

Ray

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]