The a cheap scanner is probably all that you need. I would make sure that it is a 30 bit scanner so that you get a good color range but other than that, even the cheapest, offer resolutions of 300X600 and this is more than enough for the web. I have been selling a generic parallel port scanner for around $60 and have had no complaints. Most people do not scan high resolution pictures for the web because they take up allot of storage space and take to long load when viewing the web page.

    Good Luck
    Dennis Noble

        I presently have a p120 campaq with 32 meg ram and thinking about getting a scanner.  Should I go with the high end scanner with the high resolution or are the $100 or so scanners worthwhile.  The thing that I need the scanner for is for basic web page use and/or general use.

    thank you
    Chris Stuart