I have seen this problem with the Shiva dialer if you are setting up the modem as Generic. Putting it as Hays Compatible will help. Also, running Netscape ver2 or higher needs at least 580k conventional memory. Less may cause problems. Lastly, deleting the netscape cache and netscape.hst may help. >> Hello, >> >> I have a customer with a 33.6 Newcom internal modem. He is using >> Windows 3.1 and the modem is running on com 3. The modem will dial out and >> attempt to connect with the ISP, but as soon as the connnection is made the >> computer will reboot. This has happened with Juno e mail program and with >> Netscape. >> What's the deal?? >> >> Thanks >> Jim Cook >> Jim's Computer Systems >> >> ----- >> **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:** >> Bob Wright<<[log in to unmask]> or Drew Dunn<<[log in to unmask]> > > ----- > **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:** > Bob Wright<<[log in to unmask]> or Drew Dunn<<[log in to unmask]> > >
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.(The PC Doctor)