Frans said:

>>I guess I see more commonalities of the two types of diabetes than
>>differences. I exercise caution in making broad strokes of assessment-

One final difference for those diagnosed first as diabetics, then celiacs,
the usual order for Type 1s.

First diet thoughts upon celiac diagnosis:

Type 1:

I've got gluten free rice in the cupboard for carbohydrate.

Are my fast carbohydrates for treating hypoglycemia gluten free?

Type 2:

I've got gluten free rice in the cupboard for carbohydrate,  but what do I
really want to eat on my calorie limited diet?

Fran?