I am running a Dell XPS200 with WIN95 and Norton Desktop.  During
start-up, the computer shows the normal sequence of checking memory and
drives, etc, then the windows screen.  Then it goes back to the dos-type
screen and does nothing for just over 1 minute.  No hard drive activity
or anything else that I can detect.  After that, it goes to the windows
screen and continues to load.

Anyone have any idea why the computer would do nothing for this period
of time?  It takes close to 5 minutes for my 200mHz Pentium to go from
pushing the "on" button to actually being able to do something.

Thanks,
Kevin Weaver