It is so very good that you asked before you deleted.  I make a great deal of my
income from clients who deleted something they didn't think was necessary.

I'm not certain about the Dos6.22 directory, although I have a very good guess:
I suspect that is the original full set of DOS 6.22 installation files.  Whether
you need it or not is probably dependent on whether you have (or want) a set of
DOS 6.22 installation floppies. You probably should not delete that directory
without knowing for certain what they are, although if it were my computer, I'd
probably just put them on floppy disks and then delete them from the hard drive.

On the other hand, the c:\windows\sysbckup directory is where copies of the most
important .dll's, virtual device drivers, and a few other files are kept. Its
purpose is to allow a clean copy of one of those files to be automatically
copied into your c:\windows\system directory if windows detects that one of them
is corrupted. It performs a *very* important function, so please do not delete
it.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]