Sorting in Spreadsheets is fairly simple.

Highlight or Select the rows and columns you wish to sort.  Select all of
the data as if you leave some out it will remain in the original order.

Clcik on the Data menu
Click on Sort.
Pick the first column you want to sort on
Pick Ascending or Descending (A-Z or Z-A)
Pick the second column you want to sort on, if any
Pick Ascending or Descending (A-Z or Z-A)
Pick the third column you want to sort on, if any
Pick Ascending or Descending (A-Z or Z-A)
Click OK

Dates are stored as serial numbers in Spreadsheets with January 1, 1900 = 1
and April 13, 1998 = 35,898 so that they will sort properly.  If on the
other hand you entered them as text, then dates will sort alphabetically,
by month instead of by year.  The only solution then is to re-enter them
properly.  Older versions of spreadsheets required the use of the DATE
function to enter dates, newer versions recognize dates as containing two /
as in 04/13/98 will be stored as a date, you can then use cell formatting
to change the display format.

At 04:07 PM 4/13/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello All
>
>I have a basic list in Excel. If you point your browsers at
>http://www.koan.de/~mickfitz/clubs.htm you will see how I have used the
>list.
>I would like to sort the list so the the date 1998 appears at the top and
>the remaining dates follow on below. I just can not work out how to do
>this!!!
>Any advise will be appreciated.
>TIA...Mick

Roy G. Schriftman, MS-Mathematics, MBA-Finance
Office 215-596-8935 - Whitecar 210-L
Home 215-635-1720
E-Mail [log in to unmask]
FAX 215-895-1100