Hi Janene,
There is evidence to suggest that those with the genetic predisposition to
celiac disease enjoyed a selective advantage in pre-agricultural Europe.
Perhaps that is due to a more vigorous immune response to foreign particles
in the blood.

If your folic acid, and other vitamin levels are well recovered, I see no
reason to worry about having celiac children. It may be an extra bother
from a dietary standpoint, but knowing what I know now, I would not feed
non-celiac children gluten. It is not a particularly healthy food.

For more information on this, refer to "Gluten is the dubious luxury of
non-celiacs" at:
http://www.panix.com/~donwiss/hoggan/

best wishes,
Ron Hoggan