In a message dated 98-01-19 08:44:44 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

Do developers design structures? I don't think so. They pay someone to
> give them ideas, advice and to provide designs that satisfy commercial
> needs. Who generally does that?

Sounds like the plight of the otters who like to waddle around in their mudhole John to make a real muck of the place. Or the siblings who busted the window and fended all blame to the other, in an endless loop of, "I did not do it, mom, he did it.". Possibly the problem is systemic? If so, I think we need to figure out what is driving us to the unfortunate outcome?

"Structures of which we are unaware hold us prisoner. Conversly, learning to see the structures within which we operate begins a process of freeing ourselves from previously unseen forces and ultimately mastering the ability to work with them and change them ." _The Fifth Discipline_, Peter Senge.

][